I am amazed by the sheer amount of gizmos and gadgets that are on the market today! Some of these weren't around when I had Ben 4 years ago, and admittedly, some of the things on my list would have made the transition to parenthood WAY easier, but I am happy to share these awesome gadgets with my readers!
Check out: Gadgets I Wish I Knew About Earlier!
1. Piggyback Rider (NOMIS: Basic Standing Child Carrier and Carry Bag) - Supports a child 2½+ years and up to 60 lbs. Designed for toddlers and older children, the Piggyback Rider®, is a compact, lightweight, sturdy standing child carrier. Utilizing a 6-point safety system your child holds integrated grab handles, their body secured by either the basic safety harness with two attachment clips and both feet standing firmly on a non-skid bar. The sturdy, unisex design functions like a standard backpack, distributing the child’s weight at your core enabling a natural upright posture. Dad Invented, Mom Approved, parents and kids are engaged in active transport with the Piggyback Rider carrier. Fits in your pocket! Made of high quality climbing components and engineered for strength and safety, it weighs less then 3 pounds! The Piggyback Rider® standing child carrier has unlimited year-round use, while hiking, touring, shopping, walking, watching, exploring, wandering, bonding at amusement parks, carnival, sporting events, malls, markets and everywhere else you may go.
Priced at $104.99 and up
2. Trunki - Wave goodbye to travel tantrums with Trunki! Designed to beat the boredom suffered by traveling tots, Trunki is a hand-luggage sized ride-on suitcase. Children can pack Trunki full of their favourite toys, whilst parents keep them in tow! Perfect for holidays, weekend breaks and playing at home. It's made from the same lightweight, durable plastic as adult cases, and has a generous 4 gallon capacity for toys, games and spare clothes. *Hand luggage allowances vary so we recommend checking with your airline before you fly. Recommended for ages 3+.
Priced at $40.00
3. mamaRoo - Parents don't vibrate like bouncy seats or swing like swings. They bounce and sway, and that's what the mamaRoo does: it moves like you do. Our team used motion sensors to measure the movements of real moms and dads as they soothed their babies and replicated those motions in the mamaRoo. It's the only infant seat with five different motions, all modeled after the natural movements parents make to comfort their babies. It isn't just another infant seat. It's our baby, and we made it for yours. The mamaRoo plush is the same great mamaRoo with a softer, plush seat fabric that's even more comfortable for your baby. Just like the classic, the plush seat is machine washable and easy to zip in and out of your mamaRoo.
Priced at $219.99 and up
4. Ear Band-It System - Swim without worry of ear infections! If your child is prone to ear infections, or has already had tubes put in his ears, this product is a must-have. Just place the safe, putty-like ear plugs (one pair included) in your child's ears and position the stretchy headband on your child's head. Water stays out of the ear canal. Physician approved. Assorted colors. Choose SM (1-3 yrs.), MD (4-9 yrs.), or LG (10 yrs.-adult).
Priced at $14.95
5. Potty Time Reminder Watch for Kids - Half the challenge of potty training: reminding kids when it's time to go! Potty Watch does it for you, alerting kids with music and lights that truly gets their attention. Set at regular 30, 60, or 90-minute intervals. Bonus: in "play" mode kids can sing along with the music while they are going potty, encouraging them to try long enough to get results. Pediatrician recommended. (Another reason to love this potty watch: others on the market cost four times more!) Requires 2 AG-13 button cell batteries (included). For ages 18 mos. and up.
Priced at $10.95
6. Wooden Family Toilet Seat - Great for small bathrooms! This innovative toilet seat has a built-in child's insert that disappears into the lid when not in use. No separate potty cluttering up space! Bonus: kids like using a "grown-up" seat. Made of premium MDF wood, with adjustable hinges. 5-minute assembly. For ages 2 and up.
Priced at $39.95
7. Wee Wobbler - The Wee Wobbler is a portable, wobbling device that attaches to a baby product to help soothe your infant. This product attaches with velcro straps to baby products (such as a car seats, stroller, pack-n-play) and creates a vibrating sensation for your baby. Wee Wobbler can be strapped on, whenever/wherever you are, to create a portable calming device. Great for restaurants, meetings, shopping and much more!
Priced at $25.00
8. Bodysuit Extenders - This is a Variety pack (includes 1 of each of the 3 snap sizes). Add a size to your bodysuits to get another 2-3 months of wear out of them!
Priced at $14.50 for 3 extenders
9. Buzzy Pain Relief System (Buzzy Mini) - Invented by a pediatrician and pain researcher, Buzzy® is a reusable breakthrough personal pain device that provides natural pain relief. Gate control is the basis for Buzzy®, physiologically overwhelming the body’s pain nerves with benign cold (ice wings) and vibration (Buzzy’s body). Like a dentist jiggling a jaw or putting a burned finger under cool water, cold and vibration dull or eliminate sharp pain from shots, itching, or burning from medications. Independently verified research shows Buzzy works!
Priced at $39.95