Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Book Review - Stewie Boomstein Starts School

I was graciously given the opportunity to review the latest literary offering from Nothing But the Truth Publishing called 'Stewie Boomstein Starts School', and parents of young kids mark my words - YOU NEED TO CHECK THIS BOOK OUT BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS.


'Stewie Boomstein Starts School' is written by Christine Bronstein, and features rich, coloful illustrations from Karen Young. The book is about a loud, headstrong young boy named Stewie Boomstein and his first day of school. Of course, the first day doesn't go well for Stewie, as I'm sure many parents out there can recall about their child's first day. I appreciate that the story was written in a way that aligned itself with the many thoughts and feelings that young children often feel when transitioning to Pre-K or Kindergarten, and that Stewie was very relatable to my 4 year old son, Ben. I would suggest the book for children ages 3-6.

How does Stewie Boomstein's second day at school go? Well, you'll just have to read it for yourself!

This book was extremely enjoyable for both me and my son to read together, and I ESPECIALLY love the Q&A section at the back of the book that features helpful advice from two well-regarded child psychologists regarding the transition to school. I wish this book came out when Ben started half-day Pre-K!

While I still don't know how Ben will handle nap time and the transition to full day Pre-K, this book helped to open a dialogue between us about the upcoming school year and put him at ease. Love love love it!

The love with which Stewie Boomstein was written shines through on every page with its humorous dialogue and beautiful illustrations. If you are the parent of a young one who is transitioning into Pre-K or Kindergarten, definitely do yourself a favor and check this book out!

The book is available for purchase at Amazon.com and Barnes and Noble.

What are you waiting for? September is creeping up fast! Check out Stewie Boomstein Starts School today!


 photo ScreenShot2013-10-03at51243PM_zps56bf6971.png

No comments:

Post a Comment